Convention Operations (ConOps) with its 20+ voluntary helpers are one of the first teams arriving on the convention venue. A lot of material and equipment must be in the right place long before even the first guest arrives at the hotel. During the convention, our guests can interact with ConOps personally through the Locker-Service (managed by the security team in the previous years) for storage of valuable luggage or the front office which will be at your service for any requests or problems you might encounter. Behind the scenes, we still manage several tasks. We prepare events and panels, setup and breakdown of equipment, transport and acquire additional materials and much more. After the convention is officially over we are still hard at work. After deconstruction and evaluation, we start planning for the next Eurofurence and react on general requests of attendees throughout the whole year. So, with us you will gain an exceptionally sight behind the scenes and structures of Eurofurence.
We are involved nearly everywhere and help wherever we can.
What's our motivation?
Our motivation is sourced in our excitement in helping others. We enable and relieve others. Our will to help each other is the base of our doings and our passion for EF drives us forwards.
If you have any additional questions feel free to contact Darkwing or CintasFox in the ConOps-Office or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for:
At the moment, we are looking for additional hands in the following departments:
- Setup and breakdown: This team needs to be available before and after the official part of the convention and it is responsible for the transportation of our equipment. New members would need to arrive earlier and/or departure later. If you have any experience in logistics it would be appreciated but it's not mandatory. It is quite possible that you would need to spend a significant amount of time on this task but only before or after the official part of the convention.
- On-demand crew: This crew is a quick response team for unforeseen additional tasks during the convention. Additionally, to your will on helping us you would only need the Telegram app on your phone. The time you will spend on these tasks is limited to the tasks you respond to. If you can't respond to every request that's no problem.
- Room management: This team prepares panel rooms following the event schedule. Different equipment has to be transported to or fetched from the panel rooms. You need to be reliable and on time to prevent any delays in the schedules. Therefor you will work with others in time slot separated schedules. During the convention days, this will take 1-2 hours of your time every day.
- Front office: In the front office you have to respond to questions or inquiries of our guests. Therefor you will need to speak English quite fluently. Also, you need to be calm, professional and friendly all the time. The front office team is organized by a schedule that is divided in 2h time slots. You will spend approximately 2 hours a day in the office when you join us, limited to the main con days of course.
- Locker-Service: The Locker Service allows our guests to leave their luggage in our hands and we will take good care of it. We are currently transferring this service from the security team to con ops, and are therefore looking to expand our staff to cover our new responsibility. You have to handle these bags, trunks, cameras or cases with great care and reliable. It would be appreciated if you will be able to speak to your customers in English and additional languages. The locker Service is available during its opening hours and during these you will need to spend approximately 1-2 hours a day of your time.
If you want to join several teams please contact us and we will do our best to find a solution that suits your expectations.